1895 Episcopal Church Deconstruction

This Episcopal Church dating back to 1895 was located at 2455 North Richards Street and known as “Old St. Edmunds” memorializing William Edmund Armitage, the second bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee. Edmund was a pious king from East Anglia (England).

Over the years of operation, the building survived a fire in 1915, a citywide epidemic of 1918 and the Great Depression of the 1930’s. After WWII, the neighborhood was in flux with Roman Catholics and changed ownership a few times. The building lacked up keep over the years with tight budgets and the City of Milwaukee put a raze order on the property in 2014. The most recent owner contacted WasteCap, a local non-profit Architectural Salvage Warehouse to orchestrate the deconstruction of the building to save the materials that have so much history. They informed WasteCap Resource Solution's who is The Reuse People of America's (TRP) Wisconsin Regional Associate to help the owner through the process.

The owner hired a third party specific deconstruction appraisal firm (TRP Certified) to put a value on the materials being saved for the owner tax write off. The owner also hired the abatement contractor to rid the project of any asbestos containing materials.

A local contracting company (TRP Certified) was contracted to deconstruct the building to preserve as much old growth lumber as possible to donate to the WasteCap Architectural Salvage Warehouse (TRP Certified). Through the warehouses close partnership with a local design/build firm, they were able to incorporate these historical materials into the construction of cafes and restaurants around Wisconsin.

Oconomowoc Deconstruction

This was a complete deconstruction of a house built in 2004 and was 4,300 SF. Due to this being a relatively new house the fixtures were modern and in very good condition.  

 

::Login::  ::Logout:: ©2012-2017 The ReUse People of America. All Rights Reserved.